Chambave is the result of a mixed vintage with up to 70% Petit Rouge, the most cultivated red vine in the Aosta Valley; the remaining 30% of Gamay, Pinot Noir and others autochthonous red vines.
The Chambave production has historical origins, though, with time, its characteristics have changed. This wine is typical of the Aosta Valley red wines, which can be drunk in their youth and which pair well with local dishes.
Petit Rouge 70%, other traditional vines of the vally 30%
In steel with pre-fermentative cold maceration; fermentation at 28°C, maceration for 12 days.
For 6 months in steel, keeping, when possibile, the noble lees of fermentation until bottling; frequent batônnages.
Alcohol content: 13.5 % vol.
Red ruby colour, bright with violet hues, consistent; intense and persistent, floral and fruity; the wine is dry, the alcoholic sensation is light and soft; a versatile, well structured wine with a fresh, supple finish.
Local cured meat, soups and stewed meat dishes.
Serving temperature 16-18°C